Welcome to Gweini
Gweini’s mission is to serve the Christian Voluntary Sector in Wales by:
- representing to all levels of government, including the Welsh Assembly and Government, other National Public Sector bodies in Wales; Local Authorities; relevant Westminster Institutions and bodies representing other parts of the Voluntary Sector.
- networking locally and nationally, to develop mutually supportive and effective partnerships within the Christian Voluntary sector in and beyond Wales as well as with other parts of the Voluntary Sector.
- informing about funding and best practice.
Gweini aims to facilitate collaboration between all the different parts of the Sector, including:
- Christian organisations, including parachurch organisations and particularly compassion ministries
- local churches
- denominations and affiliations of churches
- networks of Christians, including individuals, churches and Christian organisations, serving the community by building capacity or influencing policy
Gweini works particularly through the Gweini Board, which brings together a number of specialists and representatives of leading compassion ministries in Wales. It is run under the umbrella of Evangelical Alliance Wales.
We ask you to consider joining us in the fulfilment of our Mission. Please see our Membership and Friends section for an easy-to-complete application.
President of Gweini
Founding Together Organisations
|Evangelical Alliance Wales||CARE||Cornerstone Church||Tearfund|